For warmth and durability, Warmth From the Heart crafts knotted fleece blankets. A wide variety of fleece patterns exist for adults and children of all ages. As shown above, we love to match a bright pattern with a solid color. Warmth From the Heart members try to select patterns and colors that are suitable for the ages and genders of the recipients of our blankets.
How to Construct a Blanket
We pride ourselves on satisfying those women we serve with custom-made blankets. Our blankets are created specifically for their owner, as we allow each club member to choose their own fleece colors. We take pride in our workmanship and create the blanket with an eye towards quality and meticulous attention to detail.
- You will need 2 pieces of fleece fabric at least 49 inches or wider (most are 54 inches). We usually choose a pattern and solid sheet of fleece.
- Sharp scissors and solid sheet of fleece.
- Ruler or tape measure (We use Fiskars 3×18 Clear Acrylic Quilting Ruler)
- Optional: Cutting Mat if you are using the rotary cutter (a 24×36 Self Healing mat, but you just need one large enough to do a 7-inch strip, so a regular sized 12×12 mat works as well.)
Fleece Needed per Size
- Toddler/Crib Size: 1 1/2 yards of each piece of fleece.
- Child size: 1 3/4 yards of each piece
- Teed/Adult size: 2 yards of each piece
Click to expand steps!
Please cut and trim the edge of selvage from the blanket before cutting into strips to give the blanket a neat and clean appearance.
Warmth From the Heart attaches a logo to each of its blankets showing its owner that it was handcrafted specifically for them with love. Logos are available to any Warmth From the Heart Chapter at cost. Our logo personalizes each blanket and demonstrates the creator’s pride in their work.