For warmth and durability, Warmth From the Heart hand-crafts knotted fleece blankets. A wide variety of fleece patterns exist for adults and children of all ages. As shown in our photo gallery, we love to match a bright pattern with a solid color! Warmth From the Heart members try to select patterns and colors that are suitable for the variety of ages and genders that receive our blankets.
How to Construct a Blanket
We pride ourselves on satisfying those women we serve with custom-made blankets. Our blankets are created specifically for their owner, as we allow each club member to choose their own fleece colors. We take pride in our workmanship and create the blanket with an eye towards quality and meticulous attention to detail.
- You will need 2 large pieces of fleece fabric: 60-inch width is standard for most fleece. For length options, *see below. Choose one patterned and one solid color sheet of fleece.
- Sharp scissors or rotary cutter
- Ruler or tape measure (We use Fiskars 3×18 Clear Acrylic Quilting Ruler.)
- Optional: Cutting Mat if you are using the rotary cutter (we use a 24×36 Self Healing mat, but you just need one large enough to do a 5-inch strip, so a regular-sized 12×12 mat works as well. They usually have small mats and rotary cutters available at Dollar Tree in the crafting aisle and online available in bulk.)
*Fleece Needed per Blanket Size
- Toddler/Crib Size: 1 1/2 yards of each piece of fleece.
- Child size: 1 3/4 yards of each piece
- Teen/Adult size: 2 yards of each piece